Retirement Planning is one of the most important areas of financial planning that all individuals must consider. Each person’s circumstances are unique, their goals are unique, the way they think about and experience life are unique. This creates complexity and the responsibility that rests on the shoulders of the financial planner and adviser is significant.
The road to retirement brings many potholes and unforeseen events. Decisions made by clients in the pre-retirement years can have a drastic impact on their planned retirement. Often they turn to Financial Planners and Advisers to guide them, but answering what seems to be easy questions, more often than not, turns out to be complex. In the client’s mind, they are asking a simple question that should have a simple answer. Reality is that a deep understanding is required to provide an appropriate answer.
Doing the right thing today means a client for life. A great retirement plan backed by great ongoing support and advice means the client will realise their dream retirement.
What to expect
We study a variety of aspects related to Retirement Planning:
- Tax implications of products, lump sums and income solutions;
- Comprehensive examples of lump sum tax;
- Impact of withdrawals from retirement funds;
- Explore classic questions through detailed analysis and calculations;
- Income solutions at retirement;
- A big flaw in FNA systems when planning for retirement.
We do practical, comprehensive case studies to ensure you master the application of the concepts and theory.
Refer to the course outline below for a detailed outline of the course
- Solid understanding of Income Tax;
- Solid understanding of investment and retirement products;
- Experienced in planning for retirement;
- Experienced in planning at retirement;
- Eagerness to learn and elevate your thinking.
Who must enroll in the course
- Financial Planners & Advisers;
- Broker Consultants who want to provide enhanced value to their panel;
- Sales and Branch Managers;
- Franchise Principals;
- Key Individuals;
- Support staff that helps with the Financial Planning process;
- Students studying an NQF 6 or 8 qualification in Wealth Management / Financial Planning.
The course is set at an advanced level and focuses primarily on practical application and interpretation. Although some theory is included.
It is expected that you have a thorough understanding of retirement planning as well as practical experience in this regard. You will greatly benefit from this course and have more knowledge and skills to grow your practice and to increase the value you offer your clients. We go into detail and therefore this is not an introductory course.
- Earn 3 CPD points for event participation (knowledge) when you successfully complete the course.
- Earn 1 CPD points for completed recap challenges.
- Total CPD points on successful completion: 4
- Approval number: FPI19060022
Not sure yet if the course is for you?
- Take the free lessons provided
- Look for the green “FREE” icon in the lesson description below
- Click on the lesson and enjoy!
- No need to enroll
- No need to register
- Still not sure? Please contact us to discuss your concerns
- Also, check out our Frequently Asked Questions where we answer questions we receive most often
Retirement Planning 2018 – Advanced
Retirement Fund Contributions Deduction
Correct calculation of the maximum allowable deduction and how to apply it in practice.
Severance Benefits with Comprehensive Example
Determine if a lump sum qualifies as a severance benefit, the impact and a comprehensive example.
Should a client use retirement money to repay their home loan
We answer a classic, but NOT-SO-EASY question… and more!
Income options at retirement
Options available to clients that must buy a pension, appropriateness, pros and cons.
Impact of the sequence of returns on living annuities
The significant role this plays when drawing an income and how to mitigate the risks.
Impact of income solutions on retirement planning shortfalls
Most FNA systems are flawed… we show you why.
Importance of liquidity post retirement
Why liquidity is crucial post-retirement and how to plan for it.