The course will take you from a novice to the skills and knowledge you need to raise the level of your advice and in turn the trust and status you hold with your clients. It will open opportunities you never imagined before.
Estate Planning is almost always associated with a person passing away. But it is so much more than that.
What to expect
This program will equip you to do several things:
- Significantly increase the value you offer your clients;
- Identify risks and opportunities that will better your practice and grow your business;
In the course:
- We do lots of examples and practical application to ensure you can apply what you learned immediately after finishing the program;
- We start with the basics and build from there;
- We speak in plain and simple language;
- We provide templates you can use;
- Earn CPD points*;
- +- 6.5 hours
Learning Outcomes / Objectives
By the end of this program you should be able to:
- Define Estate Planning and the different objectives thereof;
- Understand the various marital regimes;
- Understand and apply the Intestate Succession Act;
- Understand and apply the Wills Act;
- Identify Property and use appropriate values;
- Identify and include Deemed Property;
- Apply deductions allowed by the Estate Duty Act;
- Calculate all fees and taxes, including the new Master’s Fees, Estate Duty, and Donations Tax calculations;
- Determine the residue;
- Calculate Estate Duty payable;
- Apply the Rapid Succession Rebate;
- Calculate the apportionment of Estate Duty between different persons that are liable;
- Perform a liquidity analysis;
- Understand and apply various Estate Planning tools and solutions.
- Basic understanding of Estate Planning will be beneficial but not a requirement;
- Good understanding of financial products;
- Eagerness to learn.
Who must enroll in the program
- All Financial Planners and Advisers providing Financial Planning advice to Businesses, Business Owners, and Individuals;
- Financial Planners and Advisers who have basic knowledge and want more in-depth knowledge and skills;
- Tax Practitioners assisting clients with Estate Planning or related advice;
- Para Planners or prospective Para Planners;
- Support Staff of Financial Advisers and Financial Adviser Practices who assists with preparing FNAs;
- Key Individuals managing and overseeing Representatives that provide advice to clients;
- Broker Consultants who want to provide enhanced consulting services to Financial Advisers;
- Sales Managers working with teams of Financial Advisers;
- Accountants and Lawyers providing estate planning services;
- Fiduciary Practitioners and their staff;
- NQF6, 7 and 8 in Financial Planning Students.
The program starts off with some basics and it builds from there to an intermediate and advanced level.
The program is rated as Intermediate/Advanced, as it is expected that you have a basic understanding of the subject already. You will greatly benefit from this program and have more knowledge and skills to grow your practice and to increase the value you offer your clients. We go into detail and therefore this is not an introductory course. It is an intermediate/advanced course that includes introductory elements that ensure you don’t get left behind.
CPD can be claimed for all our programs. Our programs are administered by Circulus Online and comply with all the requirements for Fit and Proper with the FSCA as well as the Financial Planning Institute. Therefore, CPD may be claimed for both purposes.
- Total CPD points on successful completion: 6.5
- Approval Number: FPI200200122
Not sure yet if the course is for you?
- Take the free lessons provided
- Look for the green “FREE” icon in the lesson description below
- Click on the lesson and enjoy!
- No need to enroll
- No need to register
- Still not sure? Please contact us to discuss your concerns
- Also, check out our Frequently Asked Questions where we answer questions we receive most often
Buy Estate Planning 2020
Marital Regimes – In Community of Property
A quick intro to marital regimes and then we discuss COP marriages
Marital Regimes – Out of Community of Property
We discuss being married under an antenuptial contract excluding the accrual
The rules to determine who will inherit when no (or partially) valid will exists
What is required for a last will and testament to be valid and other important considerations
The Gross Estate
We discuss the definition of property and how to determine what must be included in the estate
The Net Estate
Rapid Succession Rebate
When the rapid succession rebate will be applied and how to calculate such rebate
Apportionment of Estate Duty
Who can be held liable for Estate Duty and calculating the apportionment thereof
Estate Planning Tools and Strategies
How to determine liquidity requirements, which sources can be used for liquidity and to solve liquidity shortfalls
Estate Planning Strategies
We discuss several strategies that can be employed to achieve the desired outcomes
Estate Planning Example – Information
We start working through a comprehensive example to reinforce everything we covered in the program
Estate Planning Example – Calculations
We continue with our example discussing the calculations and possible solutions
Estate Planning Case Study – Information
Now it is time for you to put what you’ve learned into practice